Dopey Training Week 15 of 18

Week 15, the third and final Dopey Simulation Week.  I had a lot of anxiety getting through this week, knowing that if I made it through the 20-miler on Saturday, I could cruise through the next two weeks of taper before heading to Walt Disney World. 

I vlog’d each of the simulation runs this time. In retrospect, it was great practice for Disney because I know now that I can manage carrying the GoPro on long runs.  Here’s a video from Day 1 and 2:

Here is how my actual mileage compared to the plan for the week starting December 11:

Week 15

Mon

Tue

Wed

Thurs

Fri

Sat

Sun

Total

Plan

5

Rest

3

5

10

20

Rest

43

Actual

6.2

Rest

3.1

5.1

10.4

20.3

Rest

45.1 

I covered 45.1 miles at an average pace of 11:36 min/mile, a little slower than my previous simulation week in week 13.

 

My average pace for each of the Dopey Simulation days were 10:27 /mi for the 3-miler, 10:40 /mi for the 5-miler, 11:25 /mi for the 10-miler, and 12:37 /mi for the 20-miler.  Compared to Week 13, I was comparable in the first three days, and about 15 seconds per mile slower in the 20-miler.  In week 13 I ran the 20-miler on an indoor track with ideal running conditions.  This week I was outside with extra layers of clothes and some hills to contend with. So all in all, I think I faired about the same in this simulation.

 

Hips and knees were not really a problem.  Late in the 20-miler everything was stiff and sore.  My right calf is still signaling that it is not 100%, but it has not inhibited me.  Overall I felt pretty beat up after the 20-miler.  After one rest day, however, the soreness was gone, and I was left with just general fatigue.  One more rest day and then I start my two-week taper.

 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Training Plan Update – Final 9 Weeks

runDisney 2024 Dopey Challenge Day 4 – Marathon

The End of The Long Road to Dopey