Dopey Training Week 10 of 18

Week 10 was a second recovery week after doing consecutive runs of 10 and 20 miles in week 8.  And I needed the second week, I still feel like I am recovering, with lingering soreness and fatigue after each run during this two-week period.

Week 10 ended with the start of a four-day travel adventure on Saturday.  I knew beforehand that I would not run during this trip.  On top of that, I had a commitment on Friday that was not going to leave me enough time for a long run.  I needed to juggle my planned runs for Week 10, which meant front loading higher mileage earlier in the week, which probably led to feeling sorer and more fatigued.

Here is how my actual mileage compared to the plan for the week starting November 6: 

Week 10

Mon

Tue

Wed

Thurs

Fri

Sat

Sun

Total

Plan

Rest

7

Rest

5

Rest

10

Rest

22

Actual

8.3

Strength

10.5

Strength

4.4

Travel

Travel

23.2

I covered 23.2 miles at an average pace of 10:48 min/mile, a little bit slower, but more or less consistent with the previous week.  The weather on Wednesday was miserable - windy and rainy.  I decided it was time to reacquaint myself with a treadmill at Planet Fitness.  This was the first time I was on a treadmill in 8 months.  It was not too bad.  Having pace, distance, and heart rate on the display in front of me allowed me to be very calculated about my run.  It also enabled me to continually increase the pace in the later miles, which probably led to more fatigue and soreness.  I am a victim of my own faults.


Now I have four days of travel adventure, which hopefully will be more like rest days, before I resume the Dopey Buildup in week 11.  I am hoping to come back with refreshed legs and more energy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Training Plan Update – Final 9 Weeks

runDisney 2024 Dopey Challenge Day 4 – Marathon

The End of The Long Road to Dopey