Dopey Training Week 12 of 18

Week 12 was a recovery week after my first Dopey Simulation Week.  I was beat after 41 miles in 4 days during week 11, so I stuck to the plan and took it easy.

Here is how my actual mileage compared to the plan for the week starting November 20:

Week 12

Mon

Tue

Wed

Thurs

Fri

Sat

Sun

Total

Plan

Rest

5

Rest

5

Rest

10

Rest

20

Actual

Strength

5.2

5.6

Rest

10.2

Rest

Strength

21

I covered 21 miles at an average pace of 10:04 min/mile, about 30 seconds faster per mile than my last two recovery weeks.  I feel good about that.  Even though my Dopey Simulation week was very slow, I’m still recovering enough to keep a respectable pace (for me) on shorter runs. With Thanksgiving Day on Thursday this week, I juggled some running days to accommodate family events.  Tuesday and Friday were too cold for me, so I resorted to a treadmill at Planet Fitness.  I think 10 miles is my limit on a treadmill without going insane.  Hopefully I won’t have to test that out for my upcoming 18-mile or 20-mile runs.

 

I’m holding my hip and knee soreness at bay, neither is keeping me from running.  But now my right calf is acting up.  It’s a recurring injury that has been plaguing me for 13 years now.  It seems to flare up when I get deep into marathon training.  It also seems to be exasperated by colder weather.  It never seems to bother me in the Summer.  So now I must manage that, because if I strain my calf, I’ll definitely be inhibited.  When I ran the Goofy Challenge in 2011, I hobbled in for the last 6 miles of the marathon because of my right calf.

 

Week 13 is my second Dopey Simulation.  In week 11, I over-aggressively turned a three consecutive day week into a Dopey Simulation and paid a price.   In week 13 I plan to stick to the plan and not stretch it.  Hopefully the weather will allow me to run outside for all four days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Training Plan Update – Final 9 Weeks

runDisney 2024 Dopey Challenge Day 4 – Marathon

The End of The Long Road to Dopey