Dopey Training Week 14 of 18

Week 14 was a recovery week after my second Dopey Simulation in week 13.  I was feeling the effects of a 44-mile week and sluggish most of the week.  Some unexpected warm weather toward the end of week 14 provided some incentive to just get outside and log the mileage. I took my GoPro with me for two of the days and included videos below.

Here is how my actual mileage compared to the plan for the week starting December 4:

 

Week 14

Mon

Tue

Wed

Thurs

Fri

Sat

Sun

Total

Plan

Rest

5

Rest

5

Rest

10

Rest

20

Actual

Strength

5.6

Strength

5.5

10.1

Rest

Rest

21.2

 

I covered 21.2 miles at an average pace of 11:00 min/mile, a little slow for a recovery week.  I definitely needed rest.  I experienced an extended episode of irregular heart rhythm mid-week, which was another indication that I was fatigued.  Because of that, Thursday’s run was relaxed run/walk at 1/1 minute with an average pace of 12:40 /mile.  Thursday was also an unusually warm and sunny day for December, so I enjoyed my slow run/walk, it didn’t bother me to walk so much.  Here’s a video from Thursday:


 

The plan called for 10 miles on Saturday, but Friday’s weather was even better than Thursday with temperatures reaching the mid 50’s F.   I ran in shorts and a long-sleeve t-shirt, it was great.  My pace for the 10 miles was 10:20 /mile.  Not bad for a casual ten mile run after feeling fatigued earlier in the week.   Here’s a video from Friday:

 

I was a bit sore and tired after Friday’s 10 miles.  Running it a day early eliminated a perhaps needed rest day, but the enjoyment factor of running in 55°F weather was worth it.  And now I have two days to recover before starting the third and final Dopey Simulation week.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Training Plan Update – Final 9 Weeks

runDisney 2024 Dopey Challenge Day 4 – Marathon

The End of The Long Road to Dopey