Dopey Training Week 13 of 18

Week 13 was originally my first planned full Dopey Simulation but became my second Dopey Simulation after I turned Week 11 into a Dopey Simulation.  I stuck to the plan for Monday through Thursday, but extended Friday/Saturday from 8/18 to 10/20.  I felt like I had capacity to do that and wanted to take advantage of it in case something goes awry for my next and final Dopey Simulation in Week 15 

Here is how my actual mileage compared to the plan for the week starting November 27:

 

Week 13

Mon

Tue

Wed

Thurs

Fri

Sat

Sun

Total

Plan

5

Rest

3

5

8

18

Rest

39

Actual

5.5

Rest

3.1

5.2

10.2

20.2

Rest

44.2

 

I covered 44.2 miles at an average pace of 11:32 min/mile, a little faster per mile than my last Dopey Simulation in Week 11. 

 

My average pace for each of the Dopey Simulation days were 10:25 /mi for the 3-miler, 10:28 /mi for the 5-miler, 11:29 /mi for the 10-miler, and 12:21 /mi for the 20-miler.  Compared to Week 11, I was 10-20 seconds/mile slower in the first three days, but one minute per mile faster in the 20-miler.  I slowed down the first three days enough to have a little more for the long run, but the 20-miler was still a struggle to complete, and I had a difficult time recovering the rest of the day.

 

Knees and hips were not a factor this week.  Discomfort was perhaps the least that I experienced in the last year.  My right calf was a bigger concern and was sore all week, but never inhibited running.  Regardless, I will be very cautious with it going forward.

 

Week 14 is a recovery week, and I am really looking forward to enjoying it.  Only one more difficult week (week 15) left in the training plan.  Week 16 and 17 are taper weeks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Training Plan Update – Final 9 Weeks

runDisney 2024 Dopey Challenge Day 4 – Marathon

The End of The Long Road to Dopey