Dopey Training Week 4 of 18

Continuing to stay one week ahead of plan, week 4 included back-to-back runs of 6 and 16 miles.  The 16-miler was not as easy as I hoped, given that my pace was almost 12 minutes per mile.  I was also wiped out for the rest of the day.  I felt like I had recovered well by the next day, but then had delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS) the second day after.  This is all to be expected early on in the buildup.

Here is how my actual milage compared to the revised plan for the week starting September 25:

Week 4

Mon

Tue

Wed

Thurs

Fri

Sat

Sun

Total

Plan

5

Rest

5

Rest

6

16

Rest

32

Actual

5.5

Strength

5.6

Rest

6.2

16.2

Rest

33.5

Week 5 will be a recovery week, and then week 6 will be the next challenge with 8 and 18 miles back-to-back.  I am starting to get some annoying right hip pain, but it might be because I was straining it doing some yard work lately.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Training Plan Update – Final 9 Weeks

runDisney 2024 Dopey Challenge Day 4 – Marathon

The End of The Long Road to Dopey