Dopey Training Week 3 of 18

Because I executed the week 3 plan in week 2, the revised week 3 was a recovery week.  I am essentially one week ahead of plan.  I will continue to try to stay a week ahead until the discomfort and fatigue warrants a recovery longer than one week.

Here is how my actual milage compared revised plan for the week starting September 18:

Week 3

Mon

Tue

Wed

Thurs

Fri

Sat

Sun

Total

Plan

Rest

5

Rest

5

Rest

10

Rest

20

Actual

Rest

7.2

Strength

5.5

Strength

8.2

Rest

20.9

I took advantage of the Badgerland Striders final marathon training run of 8 miles on Saturday and increased my mileage on Tuesday to keep the total for the week at 20.  Next week my running buddies are all running the Milwaukee Lakefront Marathon.  I decided not to attempt a marathon and, instead, get back on track with my Dopey Training Plan.  Going forward I will have to do my long runs without the aid of a running group. That will require finding routes where I can refill my water bottle,  like looping back passed my house or my car.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Training Plan Update – Final 9 Weeks

runDisney 2024 Dopey Challenge Day 4 – Marathon

The End of The Long Road to Dopey