Dopey Training Week 2 of 18

I am only in week 2 and already making a change.  Week 2 was supposed to be the second of two recovery weeks after a 22-miler.  I felt okay after adding 7 miles to the first recovery week, so I decided to leverage the Badgerland Striders 14-mile group run and bring the plan for week 3 forward by one week.  That means I ran my first two consecutive runs, 4 and 14 miles, this week

Here is how my actual milage compared to the original plan and revised plan (Plan B) for the week starting September 11:


Week 2

Mon

Tue

Wed

Thurs

Fri

Sat

Sun

Total

Plan

Rest

5

Rest

5

Rest

10

Rest

20

Plan B

5

Rest

5

Rest

4

14

Rest

28

Actual

5.5

Strength

6.1

Strength

4.2

14

6.5 walk

29.8


The 14-miler was okay but not great.  I was surprised how early soreness in my legs crept in.  I guess that’s the point of running back-to-back days, to learn how easy to take it on the first day so you can survive the second day.  After overcoming some tightness and minor cramping around mile 11, I started pushing a little in mile 13 and quickly found myself in an elevated heart rate.  I had to jog/walk that last 1.5 miles.


I recovered quickly, however, from the 14-miler.  On Sunday, the day after, I decided to put on my running shoes and go for a long walk.  I covered 6.5 miles and averaged 15:00 miles, a pace one minute faster than the runDisney limit.  It was a good confidence booster and brought my total mileage on foot to 36 miles for the week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Training Plan Update – Final 9 Weeks

runDisney 2024 Dopey Challenge Day 4 – Marathon

The End of The Long Road to Dopey