Training Update 4-August-2023

Wow, it’s August already. That means the 10-mile race at the end of July has passed.  See my post on the Dopey Journey thread to see why I missed that race, but still ran 10 miles that day.

In the past week, I have managed to cover 35 miles including that 10 miler on Sunday and 13.1 miles today, Friday.  None of these miles have been fast.  They have been quite slow with lots of walking breaks.  But that is just where I am right now.  If this is the pace that I am destined to run in Disney World next January, then let it be. At this point I am just looking for a way to finish the Dopey Challenge without being swept off the marathon course.

 

Cat and I leave tomorrow morning for a short road trip to Michigan.  I’ll be running a little bit, but nothing of significant distance until we get back late next week.  After that, my sights will be on the Strider Half-marathon, a local low-key half-marathon that is one of my favorites.  This is the race that I ran last year with a goal of breaking 2 hours.  I succeeded!  But I also injured my hip and started myself on this long hip pain journey.  This year I just want to finish and walk away no worse for the wear.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Training Plan Update – Final 9 Weeks

runDisney 2024 Dopey Challenge Day 4 – Marathon

The End of The Long Road to Dopey