Training Update 13-August-2023

We had a wonderful stay at our friend’s lake house in Northern Michigan (not the Upper Peninsula, but the Northern area of the main part of the state).  The road around the lake was a groomed dirt road, just over a one mile loop.  It was a pleasure to run on, while offering a little challenge with some hills.  I ran 5 laps around it on two days, and walked five laps another day. 

I had one episode of irregular HR during that time, caused I think by a too aggressive start to a run.  I made it 200 meters before I realized my heart rate was irregular.  That was the day I walked 5 laps.  The consolation is that I walked a sub-16-minute pace for over 5 miles, fast enough to stay ahead of the Balloon Ladies at Disney.

 

I ran another 5.5 miles on Thursday, the day after we got home, and then yesterday, Saturday, I ran 18 miles with the Badgerland Striders, the local running group.  Thanks to some running companions who pulled me along put up with my frequent walk breaks, I averaged 10:45 minutes per mile.  I was happy with that.

 

This was a milestone week for me, I ran 35+ miles and walked 7+ miles for a total of 42.7 miles on foot, with an average pace well ahead of the Balloon Ladies.  I’m only 6 miles away from the cumulative Dopey Challenge mileage, and my hip is holding out with just annoying discomfort.  My optimism is high.  It’s just a few more weeks until the Hal Higdon Training Plan kicks in, and I feel prepared.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Training Plan Update – Final 9 Weeks

runDisney 2024 Dopey Challenge Day 4 – Marathon

The End of The Long Road to Dopey