Training Update 8-June-2023

We are well into June now.  The Bolder Boulder 10K is behind me and the next event, a 10-mile race, is not until the end of July.  With a road trip to New England coming up in the second half of June, the plan is to maintain 25 miles per week until we hit the road.  Once we are on the road, I’ll just run when I can and hope to not lose too much fitness.

For the first week in June, I completed nearly 30 miles on foot.  I did dial back the pace and focus on running at a lower heart rate, so there was a little walking in that 30 miles.  I have also been doing some heavy lifting yard work.  The result is that my lower back and right hip are unhappy with me.  Hard to tell if the pain is one in the same or two different ailments. I have one more week until we leave for New England. The goal is to get another 25-30 miles before we leave.  Hopefully the soreness in my hip and back go away quickly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Training Plan Update – Final 9 Weeks

runDisney 2024 Dopey Challenge Day 4 – Marathon

The End of The Long Road to Dopey