Training Update 15-June-2023

We leave for our road trip tomorrow.  Over the last 7 days I covered almost 34 miles.  I ran on 5 of the 7 days, the other two days were strength training.  No pure rest day, but that was the plan given that I will probably do little running over the next 12 days.

I had a couple of rough days with my hip in those 7 days. But again, the pain seemed different than 6 months ago, and I seemed to be able to reduce discomfort with stretching and massage.  Today I woke up feeling pretty good and set out on a run of undetermined distance.  I felt pretty good and got into a zone.  I ran 10 miles with only short bouts of hip discomfort.  I also kept my heart rate hovering around 130 BPM.  All in all, a good run with a rather reasonable recovery throughout the day.  

 

Going into this road trip I feel like I have earned an extended rest.  I’m looking forward to a few days of healing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Training Plan Update – Final 9 Weeks

runDisney 2024 Dopey Challenge Day 4 – Marathon

The End of The Long Road to Dopey