Training Update 19-April-2023

The achy hip roller coaster ride continues.  Some days I wonder how I will deal with the pain if it flares up during a marathon.  Other days it feels good enough that I look forward to the next running day.  The positive trend, however, is that I am slowly increasing my mileage and my heart rate seems to be staying in range.  So, tolerance of hip discomfort is improving, and aerobic capacity is increasing.  This is the third week in April, and I have completed runs of 5.5 miles, 6.5 miles, and 8 miles, for a total of 20 miles total in the last 5 days.  On plan for the target of 20 miles per week by the end of April.   

I’m feeling good about total distance, but I do wish my pace was faster. With the Bolder Boulder 10K a little more than 5 weeks away, I’m not quite where I want to be to run a 10K.  The 5.5 miler from this week was an interval workout of sorts, I ran/walked by HR with the running segments being a little faster than my comfortable pace.  Perhaps continuing to incorporate one interval workout each week will improve my overall pace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Training Plan Update – Final 9 Weeks

runDisney 2024 Dopey Challenge Day 4 – Marathon

The End of The Long Road to Dopey