Dopey Training Week 9 of 18

Week 9 was a recovery week after doing consecutive runs of 10 and 20 miles in week 8. 

Here is how my actual mileage compared to the revised plan (I continued to be one week ahead of plan) for the week starting October 30:

Week 9

Mon

Tue

Wed

Thurs

Fri

Sat

Sun

Total

Plan

Rest

7

Rest

5

Rest

10

Rest

22

Actual

Rest

6.0

Strength

6.4

Rest

10.2

Rest

22.6 

I covered 22.6 miles at an average pace of 10:34 min/mile.  I felt like I was fighting fatigue all this week.  My average pace for week 9 was considerably slower than week 7 (9:59 min/mile). I continue to experience notable discomfort in my right hip after a run.  I rarely notice any discomfort while running, but the pain afterwards is becoming more intense.  I am hoping that a second recovery week will help with that before I start into my first three consecutive run week in week 11.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Training Plan Update – Final 9 Weeks

runDisney 2024 Dopey Challenge Day 4 – Marathon

The End of The Long Road to Dopey