Dopey Training Week 7 of 18

Week 7 was a recovery week after doing consecutive runs of 8 and 18 miles in week 6. 

Here is how my actual milage compared to the revised plan (I continued to be one week ahead of plan) for the week starting October 16:

Week 7

Mon

Tue

Wed

Thurs

Fri

Sat

Sun

Total

Plan

Rest

7

Rest

5

Rest

10

Rest

22

Actual

Rest

5.6

Strength

5.3

Strength

10.3

Rest

21.2 

The long runs from week 6 were a day late because of rain, so Monday was a needed rest day, and I was still sore and fatigued for Tuesday’s run.  Thursday’s run felt better and by Saturday I was able to run a decent pace for 10 miles.  I did not notice that week 7 called for 7 miles on Tuesday.  I assumed it was 5.  Regardless, I was not recovered enough from my 18-miler to run 7 miles on Tuesday.

 

My total for week 7 was 21.2 miles with an average pace of 9:59 per mile. Hip discomfort continues at about the same level as the last few weeks.  It does not bother me during a run but can be very uncomfortable in the 24-48 hours afterwards.  I continue to monitor and manage my heart rate closely.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Training Plan Update – Final 9 Weeks

runDisney 2024 Dopey Challenge Day 4 – Marathon

The End of The Long Road to Dopey