Training Update 10-May-2023

At the end of April, I struggled for a few days with pain and discomfort on my right side.  Running seemed out of the question.  I continued strength training and added in an indoor cycling day.  The indoor cycling went well, I felt good and there was no increase in hip discomfort when I was done. 

After a week of no running, I started wondering if I was letting a little discomfort get into my head.  Was I overcompensating?  So, I laced up my shoes and headed out for a 5-mile run.  It hurt afterward, but the next morning was a beautiful spring day and I headed out for another 5-mile run. The discomfort afterwards was no worse.  I ran every other day after that and accumulated 23 miles in 6 days.  A 23-mile week!  Am I back on track?  Let’s see if I can do it again in the next 7 days

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Training Plan Update – Final 9 Weeks

runDisney 2024 Dopey Challenge Day 4 – Marathon

The End of The Long Road to Dopey